Sous-chef de cuisine
Located within the heart of Europe and one of the Brussel's most vibrant areas, Cardo Brussels Hotel is the new and trendy landmark in the neighborhood and the most distinctive luxury lifestyle hotel in the city, catering to both selective leisure guests and business travelers. The hotel will offer contemporary wellness on the 30th floor) and dining experiences, 532 stylish rooms & suites, as well as 2000m² of MICE facilities. Cardo Brussels will be a destination on itself, ‘Hospitality with a sense of self’.
About Cardo Brand
Cardo is a brand built on a culture of emotional intelligence and sublime hospitality, designing experiential places for individual wellbeing and corporate culture optimization. Our purpose is to make city breaks and workcations less apologetic, more purposeful and tuned to the self. Our people are our brand ambassadors. We connect, share the unique and have a relationship mindset.
WE ARE BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION HOSPITALITY BRAND
Our mission is to design experiential places for for individual wellbeing and corporate culture optimization.
Our purpose is to make city brakes and workations less apologetic, more purposeful and tuned to the self.
Modern properties and offbeat places immersing guests within local experiences. A combination of public and private spaces flexing between community and quiet reflection. Hospitality transcending the whole and delivering a sense of self. A service’ geared to and placing emphasis on our guests’ and employees’ emotional intelligence.
It is all about the brand experience, the brand story and the location; It is focused on the hotel, its design and art curation, its experiences and cultural programming.
- The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef
- In the overall operation of the kitchen as an independent and successful profit centre, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction
- Through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operation and administration of the kitchen.
- Demonstrates culinary skills by personally performing tasks while helping to direct staff and manage all food related functions in the hotel. He/she also helps to supervise all areas of the kitchen to ensure the production of a consistent, high-quality product.
- Respond to, and deal with customer problems and complaints.
- Ensure that guests are always provided with an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
- Ensure that all food is prepared in accordance with standard recipe sheets, whilst controlling portions and minimising waste.
- Be able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding kitchen staff planning and replace Executive Chef when absent.
- Be aware of all budgets and financial targets.
- Ensure that all standard recipe sheets and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that food stocks in the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relation to projected occupancy and hotel operations.
- Ensure that chefs always wear clean and safe uniforms and are always presentable to guests.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is used correctly and safely and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure that the overall operational budgets of the department are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that the kitchen adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that meetings are well planned and result oriented.
- Creative menu planning and proper food preparation for each outlet.
- Work closely with the F&B Manager and respective teams.
- Ensuring that all banquet preparations are ready prior to the arrival of customers and in accordance with HACCP standards.
- Be aware of new items that are introduced on the market and follow the latest culinary trends.
- To have a through understanding of the needs and wants of the market for each outlet and ensure that menus are developed to reflect these needs.
- Prepare relevant maintenance reports and work orders and follow up on actions taken.
- Manage kitchen teams fairly and take a personal interest in the knowledge of all culinary associates.
- Project a positive and motivated attitude among all associates.
- Spend time in the restaurant to ensure that the operation is well managed by the outlet team.
- Frequently check for quality in food preparation.
- Ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required quality and are stored and rotated correctly.
- Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly.
- Ensure that the entire culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is provided.
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Show and advise cooks in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Recruit and select an appropriate culinary team.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of each individual and provide timely feedback to the individual in regular performance reviews.
- Fair and firm management skills with strong influencing abilities
- Strong administrative and IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Creative and innovative
- Strong knowledge of food and current culinary trends
- Practical approach to all operational aspects
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Knowledge of purchasing processes
- Ability to developed and coached the kitchen team
- Fluency in English and French
Education and Experience
- At least 8- 10 years experience, including 2 years in a position of responsibility in kitchen
address of the workplace:
Rogierplein 3 Place Rogier
Or use the application buttons at the bottom of this page.
|Aantal keer bekeken: