Residence Manager (m/f)
The Official Residence Staff is looking for a full-time Residence Manager (m/f) for one of its official residences in Uccle.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Residence Manager has responsibilities regarding staff, the residence, its grounds and calendar, accounting and organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervises the staff;
- Monitors staff time and attendance, annual leave and sick leave slips.
- Sets up a service schedule (shift schedule) for the residence staff on a weekly basis as well as for additional waiters, kitchen help and additional cooks
- Recruits, coordinates and manages additional waiters for representational events
- Counsels the household staff when problems arise;
- Maintains a good morale in the residence
- Instructs the Chef about upcoming events, instructs the Butler about luncheon, dinner and reception arrangements;
- Checks with the Butler on the proper execution of staff jobs;
- Inspects the silver inventory and wine cellar as well as the linen closets;
- Checks daily with the Ambassador, his/her spouse, and the U.S. Mission to EU (USEU) Front Office staff to determine the Ambassador’s needs, to schedule appointments,
and act as interpreter
- Acts as liaison between the Ambassador’s Office, the Protocol Office and the Residence;
- Works with the Ambassador or spouse and the Protocol Office on guest lists and table seating and special food requests (vegetarian, dietary plans);
- Does most of the non-food shopping for the Residence (ordering and buying flowers, etc.).
- Maintains the financial records of the Residence, including representational accounts as well as ORE funds;
- Prepares the ORE and representational vouchers;
- Replenishes petty cash fund to carry out duties (i.e., shopping for food, cleaning materials, flowers, etc.).
Organization/Maintenance of Residence:
- Works with the Tri-Mission Joint Administration Service (JAS) personnel as well as USEU Management staff to schedule and oversee contracts that perform both routine maintenance and/or repairs and modifications work at the Residence;
- Proactively identifies and takes the initiative to recommend to JAS and Management staff any needed improvements, repairs, and maintenance at the Residence;
- Works with the Security Office and local guard force on security issues and entrance passes for visitors.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for Effective Performance
- Education: College education with vocational training in office/hotel administration.
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a hotel or similar institution.
- Language skills: Good working knowledge (level III) of English and French or English and Dutch.
- Abilities and Skills: A basic knowledge of bookkeeping and Human Resources practices and Belgian as well as American protocol policies is required. Must have good diplomacy and interpersonal skills, supervisory skills, and must be flexible and able to manage a household staff and staff with a quickly changing agenda.
- Supervision Received: By the Ambassador and/or the Ambassador’s spouse.
- Exercise of Judgment: Must have wide latitude in managing a large household; duties are performed independently with little or no supervision.
- Supervision Exercised: All household staff.
IMPORTANT: ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
Applications need to be submitted via the email address BrusselsRecruitment@state.gov mentioning the vacancy number 2021-ORE-Residence Manager. This position is open until filled.
Applicants who are not invited for an interview and/or test may assume that their application has not been retained for this particular position.
Note: The selected candidate will be a personal employee of the Principal, not an employee of the U.S. Government.
|Aantal keer bekeken:||1012|