Assistant Chef/Butler at the Ambassador's residence
Assistant Chef duties:
- Planning and preparing private meals for the ORE principal and his/her family, which may consist of three meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner);
- When needed: assists in preparing receptions, luncheons and dinners that may range in size from two to four hundred or more guests (seated lunch/dinners, buffet lunch/dinners, receptions, teas, etc.), ensuring first class dish preparation;
- Assists the senior Chef with the food shopping;
- Responsible for the cleanliness and good sanitary practice of the work area;
- Performs duties of “Rover-Chef” for the DCM’s residence when necessary; Performs other duties as assigned.
Assistant Butler duties:
- Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the family as needed as well as serving at official luncheons, dinners and receptions;
- Assists the Major-Domo with daily housekeeping duties and the cleaning of official rooms of the Residence;
- Dresses tables and occasionally makes flower arrangements as necessary;
- When needed: assists in answering the door, taking coats, jackets and umbrellas and may be asked to answer the telephone;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Lower degree in secondary school, professional job-related vocational training desired.
Experience: Minimum 3 years in a similar environment or in a customer services-oriented position preferably in a hotel or restaurant.
Language: Working knowledge of English; basic Dutch or French desirable.
Abilities and Skills: Must be familiar with different styles of cooking (American, French, European, ethnic); must be inventive and flexible, must be able to respect a budget. Must know how to properly serve meals and beverages, must be knowledgeable in cleaning as well as in the use of cleaning supplies and equipment. Must be discreet.
**Must be able to legally reside and work in Belgium
Normal schedule is from Monday to Friday, however candidate must be flexible and may have to work on an occasional weekend.
- Full-time position
- Permanent contract
- Salary as of €2,462.00 gross per month (to be determined upon selection)
Supplemental pay types: 13th month salary
Sunday or public holiday pay
Adres van de werkplek:
Contactpersoon bij de sollicitatie:
Mailadres voor sollicitatie:
Or use the application button at the bottom of this page.
|Aantal keer bekeken: